We are living in unprecedented times. We know that the coronavirus has been scary and stressful for everyone. At CrossFit Blue Ash the safety of our staff and members is our top priority. We are taking all the precautions we can to ensure our facility and classes are safe and sanitized. Our goal is to go above and beyond the safety recommendations provided by our state and federal officials. We also believe there has never been a more important time for health, fitness, community, and self care. For those reasons we want to get back to working out as soon as we can. Below you will find the protocols we are implementing to ensure you can continue to workout to maintain your health and fitness during these uncertain times.
- 10' x 14' athlete squares will be outlined within the gym allowing for 6' of distance between members and coaches at all times.
- Each athlete square will have the days workout equipment within the square.
- Each athlete will be required to thoroughly sanitize their equipment before leaving the gym. We will ensure the equipment was properly sanitized before the beginning of each class.
- Classes will be capped at 10 members per class until government officials allow. It will be important that you reserve your spot for class through Wodify.
- Each class will be broadcast live via Zoom for those of you who wish to continue to attend classes virtually.
- Coaches will sanitize the restrooms, door handles, light switches, any equipment used, and any other touch points before and after each class.
- We ask that members stay in their vehicles until 5-10 minutes before class begins.
- We ask that members do not gather in the office or form lines outside of the restrooms. We much keep the 6 ft. of social distancing.
- Members will be required to keep all their personal belongings inside their square. Please minimize the number of items you bring inside the gym and refrain from bringing any food.
- Members will be required to wash their hands upon entering the gym and before touching any of the equipment.
- Members will be required to take their own temperature. This should be done at home or at the gym AFTER you have washed your hands. A member with a temperature reading of 100 or more will be required to have their temperature taken again. If a reading is over 100 for a second time, that member will be asked to leave the gym. (We hope we do not have to send anyone home!)
- Members will be required to sanitize their equipment and use hand sanitizer before leaving their squares with the sanitizer CFBA provides.
- Members will exit similarly to how they entered without gathering too closely in the office or gym. We do encourage you to communicate and chat with one another as normal while maintaining a safe distance apart.
- We ask that members bring a second pair of shoes to wear while inside the gym. There will be a designated area within the office for you to take your outside shoes off and store while switching to your workout shoes.
- Because we will no longer be using chalk buckets, we have teamed with FrictionLabs. If you wish to use chalk in the gym, you can purchase a tube of their liquid chalk through CFBA! Please just let Blake or Jackye know. This product is pretty awesome and we are looking forward to stocking it. We also have a discount code for 25% off their entire site if you would like to check out what they have. The code is: BLUEASHSECRET25
- Members are encouraged, but not required, to bring their own masks to class. If you decide to wear a mask during a workout, please note the restriction this may cause on your breathing and do so at your own risk. Gloves may present too big of a safety risk when using equipment and are not required.
- Members are asked to refrain from touching their faces throughout the class to the best of their abilities.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- If you or a member of your family has become infected with COVID-19 and you have worked out at the gym within 14 days of being informed of the diagnosis, we ask that we be contacted as soon as possible. We will then communicate that with our gym community to meet state and federal guidelines. An additional full gym cleaning will be done immediately to provide peace of mind for the rest of our community and so we can continue to conduct business.
- As mentioned above, coaches will sanitize the restrooms, door handles, light switches, any equipment used, and any other touch points before and after each class.
- Coaches will sanitize the floor of each athlete square after each class.
- Members will need to sign-in to class and record scores via their Wodify app.
- All retail and water purchases will need to be made directly through your coach. There will be no self-serving (touching items yourself).
- We will exercise outside whenever it is weather permitting,
as well as have all garage doors and man doors open when possible.
- The coach on duty will be required to initial the sanitation logbook before leaving the gym.
- Class times will remain the same.
- Please be diligent in cleaning up after yourselves and checking around you before leaving the gym.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions for us as we approach this, please do not hesitate to reach out!